Family Housing: Priority System
Applicants for university-owned family housing apartments who are judged eligible for assignment pursuant to WAC 478-156-016 are assigned in the following order of priority, based on the date of application:
Students with special housing needs, due to
- Disability-related reasons;
- Students in the University's Educational Opportunity Program;
- Students who are single parents and have dependent children meeting financial eligibility criteria as set forth in WAC 478-156-016; or
- Students with extreme financial or personal hardship.
Other students meeting financial eligibility criteria as set forth in WAC 478-156-016.
Other students exceeding financial eligibility requirements.
Demonstrating Financial Need
You will need to fill out one of the following forms if you wish to demonstrate financial need for housing:
- Married couples, single parents and continuing international students who have a Social Security number must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (PDF)and follow the general instructions for completing and submitting the form. You may submit an electronic application, or you may pick up a paper version in the UW Financial Aid Office located in 105 Schmitz Hall.
- New international students who are not eligible to submit a FAFSA may fill out a form called the Financial Information for International Students (FIFI) (PDF). A paper copy of the FIFI may be obtained from the Student Services Office located in 210 Lander Hall. Please submit this form and a copy of your I-20 to the Student Services Office.
Registered same-sex domestic partners must fill out a form called the Financial Information for Registered Same-Sex Domestic Partners (PDF). Please submit this form to the Student Services Office located in 210 Lander Hall.
Financial need figures are determined by the UW Financial Aid Office located in 105 Schmitz Hall.
Please note that these criteria may differ for privately-managed properties. You may refer to the following websites for more detailed information.