2015-16 Apartment Application Information
Current Graduate & Professional Residents
The returning resident application for graduate students currently living in 12-month areas will be available beginning at 2 pm on Wednesday, February 18. The application deadline is March 5.
Updates and Changes
- The late payment charge will increase from $15 to $50 per month for overdue payments.
- There will be no other significant changes to the agreement terms for 2015–16. The agreement will be finalized and published after rates are approved by the UW Board of Regents on March 12.
- Thanks to you, the apartment dining program has been successful, and will continue for 2015–16.
- When Maple Hall opens in September you will have access to the Area 01 Community Center, a creative space for campus residents. Information about Area 01 will be available on our website soon.
- You will be asked about your plans for the three week gap between the 2014–15 and 2015–16 agreement periods when you complete your application. Information about transitioning between agreements will be sent to you in spring quarter so you can begin making arrangements.
Before February 18
Between February 18 and March 5
- Update your HFS Student Profile
- Submit your application
- Refine your plans with your friends and potential roommates
- HFS will assign all applicants to their current rooms
- 2015–16 rates will be reviewed for approval at the UW Board of Regents meeting
- The agreement will be finalized and published
Between March 13 and March 17
- Select a different apartment or building (but if you want to stay where you are, you can skip this step)
- Sign your agreement
- HFS will send your assignment confirmation email
We'd love for you to live Mercer Court!
We want you to have the best possible living environment and continue to live with us, so we're offering an incentive for our current residents:
If you choose to remain in or move to Mercer Court D or E, you will receive a $1000 renewal concession to be applied to your October housing charges!
Refer a Friend
As always, if you choose to live in Mercer Court, and you refer a friend (new to HFS) to live in Mercer Court too, you will receive a $250 housing credit!
Do you have questions about how apartment selection works? Let us answer them!