About UW Dining
Whether you are visiting one of our restaurants or markets, or grabbing an espresso on the way to class, we want you to have a great customer experience when dining with us. From our award-winning sustainable dining program to our focus on culinary discovery, our program offers a distinct dining experience. Here’s a snapshot of what UW Dining is all about, and we look forward to you dining with us to experience more!
- Every restaurant offers menus with numerous wallet-friendly and healthy choices, and we offer fun and popular deals via Facebook.
- We monitor market pricing and manage our supply chain to continuously seek opportunities to lower our food and operating costs in order to keep our offerings as affordable as possible. UW Dining Pricing
- Starting autumn 2016, with a Level 1-6 dining plan, you will be eligible to receive a free drink each time you visit the residential dining areas, Local Point and The 8, offering a significant savings to overall meal costs. You'll also receive 10 percent off the purchase of a Husky Meal at Local Point and The 8. The new Husky Meal provides a well-rounded lunch or dinner at a residents-only discount to maximize your dining dollars.
- We've recruited our culinary staff from many of Seattle’s favorite restaurants. They are passionate about their craft and instill that passion into their creative menus and their staff.
- We source the best of local and seasonal products for our recipes, which are written and tested by our Campus Executive Chef.
- We believe in culinary discovery, and offer frequent special events for our guests to explore foods from our locale and regions all over the world in partnership with student groups like FIUTS and UW Farm.
- HFS partners with Cedar Grove to compost all food scraps from both our customers and kitchens. Even our takeout packaging is 100% compostable.
- Our used deep-fryer oils are converted to biodiesel.
- We are national leaders in sustainable dining, recognized for innovations such as our work with Coca-Cola and International Paper to launch the very first compostable soft drink cup.
- 53% of our food purchases are from within 250 miles of the UW.
- Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional-growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual achievement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty.
- We employ over 1,000 UW students in jobs, where they learn skills portable to their future careers, with work schedule flexibility to ensure education comes first.
- We donate surplus food items that are no longer eligible for resale but still safe for consumption to Food Lifeline, a local nonprofit food assistance program that supplies wholesome, healthy meals to people in need.
- Our sustainable food purchasing puts over $5 million back into our local economy each year.
- With over 40 locations on campus, from our grocery store District Market to our numerous restaurants, cafés, food trucks and even a food court, great food is never more than a two-minute walk away!
- Our Dining Account (meal plan program) gives students complete flexibility in dining. Students can use their Dining Account at any UW Dining location on campus, and there are no set meal times. If the place is open, you can eat there and use your Dining Account to pay.
Health & Wellness
- Students who live on campus can meet one-on-one with our chefs and managers to discuss and plan options for their special diet, and we have disability resources for students who have medically-related dietary restrictions.
- We offer numerous gluten-free and vegetarian options in our restaurants and markets.
- Complete nutritional information is available for our menu items on our website and also upon request.