Personal Property Insurance

Students, like all others, are subject to many risks and exposures. Loss of personal property through theft, accident or fire within your residence is a risk you may want to protect yourself from.

The UW does not compensate for any loss or damage to a resident’s personal property; therefore, HFS strongly recommends that you consider your options for obtaining personal property coverage through your family’s home or renters policy or through another company of your choice.

Some companies offer special packages for students. Three such companies are linked on the right side of this page.

The UW does not specifically endorse these companies. These links are provided as examples of the kind of coverage available to our residents.